Thursday, October 13, 2011

Childproof me please!


Today, I am getting my house childproofed FOR FREE! If I were to pay to have it done, it could cost anywhere from 500-1200 dollars! I'm part of a 3 year injury-related study (formally named the CHIPS study). I get 85 dollars spread out over the 3 years and I get to keep all the child proofing stuff they install. All I have to do is participate in short phone/home interviews every few months (that I also get paid for).

I love doing studies. If you live in the Greater Cincinnati Area, the P&G Discovery Center has studies plenty frequently. They focus more on baby stuff, but they also have studies that don't require you to have a baby. Their studies pay anywhere from 25-200 dollars, I have been to two 100 dollar diaper studies. I had to come early in the morning, (if you don't get there early enough, and the panels filled up, then you are excused to go and you get a "bump" fee for
substantially less than if you were to complete the study) and I stayed until 2 or 3 o clock in a room with about 10-15 other moms and their babies.
I cannot disclose exactly what was done during the study because I had to sign a confidentiality agreement beforehand, but I can tell you that they provided a personalized, delicious lunch both times (one from La Rosa's and the second time from Subway), and they also provided pop/bottled water the whole time. The staff was very nice and great with the babies, and it was nice to sit around and chat with the other moms. The only downfall I didn't like was the babies didn't get to nap very long since we were up and down a lot. If you would like to join the panel, I've provided the link below. They will send you emails each time there is a study, and you will have to fill out a survey to see if you qualify. When you click on the link, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the registration forms.
http://www.pampers.com/en_US/pg-baby-discovery-center

No comments: